“To write something, you have to risk making a fool of yourself.”
~ Anne Rice
chat
n
1. An informal, light conversation
The day after the judge ordered both my co-parent (dumb-ass, ex-husband) and myself (wounded-turned- warrior) to a parenting beyond conflict class, he emailed me wanting to chat. Being who I am, I told him when I would be available to meet at the local coffee shop. It's important to note that when one is no longer married, one can set their own availability as they choose. I was curious, too. Is he getting married? Did he impregnate the other woman? Is he going to apologize?
I arrived early and picked my favorite table. It's next to the door. My exit strategy. Sipped my Sencha green tea and journaled. Dumb-Ass arrived looking solemn.
Hey.
I placed my cup down, shut my laptop and asked what was up.
Just wanted you to know that "she" is moving out this weekend. We are going to tell the kids.
I sipped my green tea and nodded my head. All within that action was the following mental reaction;
Who did you hook up with now? What goes around comes around. Serves her right for thinkng she could play house with my children. Freaking hussy. Dumb-Ass could have just texted me this info. Kudos for communicating to me and thinking of our children for like, the first time since the divorce. Not a very good track record there buddy. Your life now - not mine.
Looking across the table I told him, thanks for letting me know. I added for the sake of our children - don't move another woman into the house. Don't be a fool, again.
Dumb-Ass took that well. He got up to leave and kind of stood there. Hands in his pockets - he bit his lip and said, well thanks again for meeting me. I nodded my head as if to signal you can leave now. Go forth and prosper...or whatever, stop standing there. I think he got my telepathic vibe.
It wasn't until after he left, that I finally let out my breath.
Anne Rice My favorite I love the Vampire Chronicles . I really enjoy reading your blog .. You are a great writer
ReplyDeleteGreat quote from Anne Rice, and a great post. Here's another blog you might enjoy - www.brilliantsulk.com - Amanda has a sense of humor very similar to yours. I think you'll enjoy her. Tell her I sent you, maybe she'll start being nice to me. lol
ReplyDeleteps - I gave you a little plug on the Bloggers' Coffee Shop just now. Hopefully that will generate some viewers for you!
ReplyDelete