1.26.2010

Compliments to the "Ex"

The only rational way of educating a child, is to be an example.
~ Albert Einstein

Compliment
                    n
                    1. an expression of praise, commendation, or admiration

Halfway there.  Tonight will mark 50% completion of the co-parenting course with the ex (biting fingers to avoid typing Dumb Ass in respect to tonight's homework).  Last week, the facilitator gave us an assignment to bring in for tonight's class. 

Write ten compliments on the other parent to share with your children.  I was stuck for over two hours coming up with number five.  In an attempt to be proactive - I reached out to my younger sister.  Her response:

5. (Name withheld)'s tooth has been missing for so long that he actually looks better without it at this point.

Well, I have to agree with her on that.  However, the facilitator at class probably won't.  Turning my thoughts towards my children - I was able to ink out the remaining five compliments. 

...to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Wow , that class sounds like no fun at all. Good job, you are a bigger person then me .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a process - the road is nearly two years traveled. Thanks, G. :)

    ReplyDelete