2.23.2010

Carpe Diem

Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more. ~ Louis L'Amour
A full week has fallen into the memory ditch.  I remember when I was a little girl how I would ride my bike around the neighborhood.  I had a tendency to look down.  The curb is where the broken shards of green and amber glass would blink under the sun.  Back then, I fell off my bike several times being distracted by colored glass.

Divorce is dangerously pretty.  And for those who survive or are tip toeing through it, the journey is of  shattered memories. The kind that are are thrown about like debris. Broken. Distracted. Time.

Now that the coparenting classes are over - something interesting happened.  The life I had, took on a forgotten but familiar element.  All of the cuts incurred by walking a broken path reverted back to its original state. Sand, fine and smooth, calming to travel upon. Divorce was just a lightning storm that happened to hit my road.  Now that I've traveled through it, I see that sand now leads me to the horizon.

3 comments:

  1. I love this, especially since I'm also traveling the divorce journey. This is wonderfully hopeful with beautiful imagery (the shattered glass, sand, horizon..).
    Keep faith.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog is great , it is amazing to me that almost everything you blog so beatifully hits so close to home . Thank you for putting your thoughts out there for all to see . It is helping me deal with my seperation and soon to be divorce...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Robyn: Thank you and you will be in my thoughts as you undergo your own metamorphosis. If anything - its an opportunity to redefine who you are. Hugs!

    @Gil: I did not know you were embarking upon this. I remember how fresh the hurt was in the beginning. Thank you for letting me know that what I share - is helpful to you. (Raising a coffee cup to you).

    ReplyDelete