2.14.2010

Valentines Day + Expectation = Foolishness

Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. ~Anais Nin
These days, I have to mix up concrete and pour my own foundation to make my own memory lane on Valentine's Day.  It was easier when I was a kid at school.  Perforated cards, write a name, fold, seal it with a campy sticker and drop it into a decorated paper pouch of sorts.  Done.

When I was married, I looked forward to Valentine's day.  Since the divorce, I no longer invest in expectations on Valentine's day.  I guess you could say, I am on strike with the establishment.  My perspective with the foolish valentine's custom has changed.

I declare my Valentine's Day to be exactly how I want it to be.  No expectations. My memory lane for this day is not the status quo of a straight sidewalk.  It's not memorable if there's no surprises, right? I am going to keep it that way.  Valentines Day + No Expectation = Surprises

No comments:

Post a Comment