2.08.2010

V...Day *sneezes*

Valentine
           ~noun
           2.  a sweetheart chosen or greeted on this day.

Tomato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, and a bag of sore throat lozenges is dinner for me and the kids tonight.  Grilling bread and portioning out the soup, I hand the bowl to my son who dashes it with ground pepper.  He also slurped it too quick.  Splash.  Dish towel to his right eye.  Peppered tomato soup can not feel good in an eyeball.  Nonetheless, the girls and I laugh with him.

Everyone is sitting around the table and having a nice dinner.  Kids ask for more grilled sandwiches, which I oblige only if they finish their soup.  That still works on teenagers apparently, at least on mine.  The atmosphere is warm and calm.  While buttering up a slice of bread, I realize that Valentine's Day is this Sunday.

I let out a huge sneeze at that point.  The kind where you kinda wished there were tissues at hand.  I'm calling it out right now.  I, mother of three and woman almighty am officially, allergic to Valentine's Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Aa-choo! I, single woman of no children, am officially allergic too. I like that. Your grilled cheese and tomato soup dinner sounds delicious too.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Let's start a club! :) Thanks, Robyn!

    ReplyDelete