3.05.2014

Today is a New Day!

Today is a new day!  ~ Chicken Little


Oh my - has it really been four years since I started this blog?  Math doesn't lie.  As I am recovering from a nasty head cold, I took a trip down memory lane and re-read every single post and comment on here.  One of my goals this year is to continue to write.  I failed keeping up with the Jone's (blog-wise) however, with failure comes opportunity.  That said - let's do this.

The evolution of this blog carried me through some really tough times. I'm still divorced but I am happy.  HAPPY (period).  One of my favorite quotes from the Chicken Little movie is "Today is a new day!".  I have this picture on hand for whenever I think someone needs it.  I email it to myself when I'm feeling bitchy.  Truth.  

I'm on the home stretch to finishing my BS in Business and Management from Marylhurst University. My son, T is in his 2nd year of college and is up for another promotion at Teavana. Upper management, kid.  Way to go! My oldest daughter, H is now a Junior in HS and placed first in her solo competition to go on to state.  Yeah - baby! My youngest, A is in fourth grade and wants to cure cancer.  She is part of her elementary choir and just sang last night in a quartet out front and center stage.  Future singing scientist!  All is right in the world (except for this blasted head cold).    Yeah - I just hit send and will receive Chicken Little's image in 3…2…1.

Life is full of opportunities.  Doesn't matter if it's big or small - moments exist for everyone to act within.  Preferably with kindness.  As I sit here at the coffee house - sipping my green tea after downing a juice blend of veggies - I am struck by the energy of people.  Good, bad, indifferent - all of it is energy spiraling outwards. 

Never underestimate the journey.  That's where you find yourself, piece by piece.  Picking yourself up. Repeatedly. And that's okay. Soon - you get to realize that you have always been an amazing human.



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Love that your back. I've missed your writing so much. And that Chicken LIttle picture is my favorite. FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to be back - love you so much!

    ReplyDelete