“In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.” ~ Oscar WildeI've learned long ago not to judge a book by its cover. I've also witnessed how opinions, can alter perceptions. Perception can also influence opinions. Stay with me. I'm not going to launch into quantum physics here.
My Dad once told me that experience is the best teacher. I was a teenager when he said this. Back then I was determined that my first boyfriend, my first love, was going to last forever. As a teenager, I lived in the moment of emotion. Forward thinking evolved only when experience taught me to do such. I could not conceptualize what it meant to be; a mother, parent, career woman, financially aware, and in a healthy relationship. I did not mature in opinions until experience gave me the tools to do so.
I guess my point is that whenever an opinion is offered based on how others perceive you, stay true to your self. Its your journey. Your own road to navigate. No one can travel the same road as you. Parallel roads to you...yes, but never the same road as you.
My good mate Don Finfrock used to say 'Opinions are like aresholes - everyone's got one'.
ReplyDeleteQuite deep, until you actually think about it
@ UberGrumpy - Your friend, Don makes a good point. Thanks for checking in - :)
ReplyDelete